The Cetacean Research™ CR3 hydrophone is an omnidirectional hydrophone.
- Cetacean Research™ CR3 hydrophone
Cetacean Research™ CR3 hydrophone with cable
- Cetacean Research™ CR3 Hydrophone
Close-up of the Cetacean Research™ CR3 hydrophone.
- CR3 hydrophone frequency response
Plot of Cetacean Research™ CR3 hydrophone frequency response - log scale.
- CR3 hydrophone beam - horizontal
Horizontal Beam Pattern - 50kHz Cetacean Research™ CR3 hydrophone.
- CR3 hydrophone beam - vertical
Vertical Beam Pattern - 50kHz Cetacean Research™ CR3 hydrophone.
|Linear Frequency Range (±3dB) [kHz]||0.0004† to 180|
|Usable Frequency Range (+3/-12dB) [kHz]||0.0001† to 240|
|Transducer Sensitivity [dB, re 1V/µPa]||-207‡|
|Preamplifier Gain [dB]||N/A|
|SPL Equiv. Self Noise at 1kHz [dB, re 1µPa/√Hz]||54|
|Power Requirement [Vdc]||N/A|
|RMS Overload Acoustic Pressure [dB, re 1µPa]||N/A|
|Maximum Operating Depth [m]||980|
|Operating Temperature Range [°C]||-40 to 90‡|
|Dimensions [mm]||50 L x 18 dia|
|Coaxial Cable Length [m]||15
Cable terminated with male BNC connector
(longer cable optional)
|Battery / Connector box||power not required|
‡ CR3 hydrophones are individually spot calibrated at the factory; calibration guaranteed between -5ºC and 30ºC.
- extra length ruggedized cable
- custom orders not listed above
- hydrophone may be used with either the Reson VP1000 or Reson VP2000preamplifiers