Cetacean Research™ nRUDAR-mk2™
nano Remote Underwater Digital Acoustic Recorders
The Cetacean Research™ nano Remote Underwater Digital Acoustic Recorder (nRUDAR-mk2™) is a hand-held, ultra compact, short-term, autonomous underwater recording device that is designed for a wide range of applications. Uses vary from manual underwater recording while diving to autonomously recording wild cetacean vocalizations for several days continuously.
- nRUDAR-mk2™ has auto mark and record features that make it an excellent tool for recording high resolution audio for underwater video production.
- nRUDAR-mk2™uses the same hydrophone element and preamplifier as our Sensor Technology SQ26-08 along with a 24-bit, 96kHz digital recorder.
- Exceptionally easy to use
- WiFi recording control and file transfer capabilities.
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz sample rate and 45kHz bandwidth
- Up to 4.5 days continuous recording time: 13x longer than original nRUDAR™
- BWF file format for easy editing and analysis using SpectraPLUS software
- Threshold-triggered recording feature
- Selectable file size rollover from five minutes to one hour
- Hydrophone sensitivity of -169dB, re. 1V/μPa
- 100m depth rating
See the photos of µRUDAR™ to see just how small and portable these powerful autonomous underwater recording devices are!
Joe Olson, President of Cetacean Research Technology, using nRUDAR™ and the Acousonde 3A in July 2012; with Denise Herzing of The Wild Dolphin Project. See our YouTube channel for more hydrophone-related videos